Photo of Engineering student with diploma
Advisor Login

*Your NetID is in the form "abc00000" where abc is your initials and the 0s are numbers. If you have forgotten your NetID or password, please go to

This request form is for Academic Advisors of current School of Engineering students to initiate a request for a graduation substitution to fulfill any requirement for the School of Engineering. Once a request is initiated by the Advisor, the substitution will be reviewed and evaluated by the related Academic Department and then by the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education.

Please note: If you are submitting a substitution for a Management and Engineering for Manufacturing (MEM) student seeking a substitution for a Business course (e.g. ACCT, BLAW, FNCE, MGMT, MKTG, OPIM), please use the School of Business Substitution form instead. If you submit a request for a Business course through this portal, it will not be reviewed. Additionally, Analytics and Information Assurance substitutions should be directed to the School of Business for approval.

If the advisor is seeking a direct equivalency, rather than a substitution, the advisor should communicate with the Undergraduate Director in their Academic Department. The Undergraduate Director will work with Transfer Admissions to process this request.

For any transfer or abroad course submitted here, it is the student’s responsibility to have the course previously evaluated for credit through either:

  • The University of Connecticut Admissions Office, through the Prior Course Approval process available in Student Admin if not listed on the Transfer Course Equivalencies page.  Review important information about transferring credit on the Undergraduate Admissions website.
  • The Education Abroad Office as a pre-approved course or through the course alignment procedures.  Review important information about academics abroad on the Education Abroad website.

Questions? Contact Mariel Zoni, Director for the Undergraduate Program